Quad-Fi is an innovative lender taking a different approach to funding higher education by putting students first. Our flexible products and online tools provide faster, more responsive service than many traditional lenders. We know that our customers are tech savvy and prize efficiency. We want to help students save money on their loans, advance their careers after graduation and invest in their future. Quad-Fi is here to assist every step of the way.
When you access our Services, when you create, modify and use your Account, and when you submit or modify your customer information or application to be a borrower (“Borrower”) or for a Loan, we collect information that is personally identifiable information about you, within the meaning of the applicable privacy laws of Canada (“Personal Information”).
The Personal Information you supply to us may include:
* your name, mailing address, permanent address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
* your date of birth, your Social Insurance Number, student loan account numbers, educational information, including your grades, courses and academic record, and employment information;
* data regarding your income, assets and existing student loans and other debts; and
* your banking information to enable automatic payments and transfers.
We will use Personal Information in order to determine your eligibility for a Loan,
what terms the Loan will have, and in the administration of the Loan. In particular,
Personal Information will be used to:
* research your credit history, including obtaining credit reports about you from credit agencies;
* verify your educational information and employment history;
* assign you a credit grade based on your credit history, educational information, financial circumstances and other factors;
* enable our financial service providers to implement automatic payments and fund transfers;
* implement collection activities if required; and<
* maintain communications with you concerning your status as a Borrower, or your Loan Agreement or Loan.
We may supplement the Personal Information you submit to us with information from
third-party sources. For example, in an effort to protect the integrity of your
account and if permitted under applicable law, we may supplement your Personal
Information with address standardization data to verify that the address you
have entered is valid and to protect you against identity theft.
The credit information we collect from consumer reports includes, but is not
* information about open and closed credit accounts, including the date opened, the date closed (if applicable), the latest reported monthly balance and monthly payment;
* information about credit inquiries;
* information about late payments and collection actions occurring on open and closed credit accounts;
* information regarding public records of bankruptcy, judgments, tax liens, and other payment statuses;
* the credit score produced by the credit reporting agency providing the report; and
* information about your transaction history, assets, and account balances.
We will use financial data aggregators to verify Personal Information that you
provide to us and collect information about your financial history. This
information includes, but is not limited to:
* your name, address, email address and telephone number;
* your banking information; and
* your transaction history.
The educational information we will collect from you includes, but is not
* the schools you will be attending, are attending or have attended;
* the classes you will be taking, are taking or have taken;
* dates you will be enrolled, are enrolled or were enrolled;
* your grades;
* other information in your academic records, such as academic discipline; and
* the degrees or diplomas you have received.
We also collect other information (that is not personally identifiable or confidential in nature) in order to improve our Services and for marketing or promotional purposes.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your Account with Quad-Fi is active or as needed to provide you with Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information related to your creditworthiness is maintained by the credit reporting agencies. If you find that there is an error or you want to dispute the information found in your credit report, please contact the credit reporting agencies.
Trans Union of Canada:
3115 Harvester Road
Burlington, ON L7N 3N8
5700 Yonge Street
North York, ON M2M 4G8
We collect information about your computer or mobile device that you use to access the Website to improve and evaluate your use of the Website and our Services. We may gather data such as your browser type, operating system, loading or exiting of web pages, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or mobile device.
If you communicate with us by telephone, we may monitor or record the call to maintain the integrity of your account, reduce fraud, provide effective and timely service and to improve Quad-Fi’s products.
You can access and modify the Personal Information about you associated with your Account by visiting the Website and following instructions with respect to safeguarding and updating Personal Information, or by contacting us through the information on our Contact Us page.
We work with third party service providers to operate the Website and provide our Services. Personal Information is shared with our service providers only to the extent necessary for them to perform their respective functions. Our service providers are required to keep your Personal Information private and secure, and not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
We may share your information, including Personal Information, with credit reporting agencies pursuant to our contractual agreements with these credit reporting agencies. The credit reporting agencies may share your information with third parties. The credit reporting agencies that we may share your information, including Personal Information, with include, but are not limited to, Trans Union of Canada, Inc. and Equifax Canada Inc.
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties to obtain financing from prospective lenders and investors and for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes.
We may sell information to third parties as a part of our business, but only if it is aggregated and non-identifying information which has been anonymized.
The information that we collect from our users, including Personal Information, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are part of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party in connection with the transaction.
We reserve the right to disclose any information collected by us to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary: (i) to satisfy or comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or to respond to lawful requests; (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the rights, property and safety of third parties or the public in general; and (iii) to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
We will share your Personal Information with third-party sites or platforms if you have expressly requested that we do so.
Quad-Fi maintains an appropriate security program to protect information we collect from you, including Personal Information, from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
As a part of our Services, we will try to keep you updated on new and promotional Services and those of our partners that we think will be of interest to you. If you wish to receive fewer promotional emails, newsletter notifications, or other communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in many of the communications. For example, you can opt out of promotional emails, newsletter notifications or other publications. However, you cannot opt out of certain communications regarding your Account, Loan Agreement or Loan.
When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that we need to help us answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our Services.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if:
you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information; or
you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your Personal Information.
You may contact our Privacy Officer directly at:
Privacy Officer, Quad-Fi Inc.
67 Yonge Street
Canada M5E 1J8